1. Who has been sworn in a Karnataka's Chief Minister?
Ans: D.V.Sadananda Gowda
2. Who has been appointed as the National Ambassador of UNICEF and would support in promoting child rights?
Ans: Priyanka Chopra
3. Which Indian film actor and director passed away recently?
Ans: Shammi Kapoor ( 14 August 2011 (aged 79).
4. Name the project under which all post offices in India are to be provided with Internet connectivity.
Ans: India Post Technology Project 2012
5. New CMD of Air India ?
Ans: Rohit Namdan
6. Which Indian State Govt. launched "Atal Bal Mitra Yojana"
Ans: Madhya Paradesh
7. Chhattisgarh will have 9 new districts with effect from January 2012, taking the total number of districts in the state to 27.
8. Which Indian State government launched the Dal Bhat scheme under which lunch will be given to a poor person at Rupees 5 ?
Ans: Jharkhand state government
9. Pakistan's first woman foreign minister - Hina Rabbani Khar
10. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award (2010-2011 ) has been given to whom ?
Ans: Gagan Narang (Shooting)
11. Who has been appointed as New chairman of Infosys?
Ans: KV Kamath
12. Who logged out as Chief Mentor and Chairman from the Infosys( IT )
Ans: N.R. Narayana Murthy
13. Who has been appointed as joint Managing Director of Hero MotoCorp (formerly Hero Honda)?
Ans: Sunil Kant Munjal
14. Who has been appointed RBI Governor ?
Ans: D. Subbarao [His term was extended for two years(untill Spetember 4th 2013)].
15. Which Bank has launced Debit Card with credit limit?
Ans: IDBI Bank (The Industrial Development Bank of India Limited)-IDBI Magic Card
16. Who is Chairman and Managing Director of IDBI Bank ?
Ans: Shri R. M. Malla
17. Who was honoured with Degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from IIT – Kharagpur?
Ans: Sunil Bharti Mittal
18. Who has been appointed as CEO for Bharti Airtel’s broadband and DTH services?
Ans: Rajiv Rajagopal (Broadband and data services) and Shashi Arora for DTH and media services
19. Which Indian football player retired recently?
Ans: Bhaichung Bhutia
20. Who won the Citi Open WTA doubles title held in USA?
Ans: Sania Mirza and Yaroslava Shvedova
21. Who won the bronze medal at the World Badminton Championship 2011 ?
Ans: Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa (India )- (after a gap of 28 years)
22. Who became the first bowler to clinch 6 wickets in a 20-20 International Cricket?
Ans: Ajantha Mendis (Sri Lanka)
23. Who became the first bowler to take three hatricks in one-day cricket?
Ans: Lasith Malinga ( Right-arm fast bowler- Sri Lanka)
24. Who surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 hundreds in Test Cricket recently?
Ans: Rahul Dravid
25. India’s double-trap shooter and Asian Games gold medalist Ronjan Sodhi was ranked No.1 in the world, as per the latest rankings released by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) on 1 August 2011.
26. Which Indian Cricketer announced his retirement from the ODI and T20 ?
Ans: Rahul Dravid
27. Who won the Rogers Cup Men's singles Tennis Title ?
Ans: Novak Djokovic, serbia
28. Who won the Rogers Cup Women's singles Tennis Title ?
Ans: Serena Williams, America
29. Novak Djokovic defeated American Mardy Fish 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 to win the Montreal Masters there by winning his ninth ATP title of 2011. The win also made him the first to capture an ATP tournament on debut as number one since Pete Sampras in 1993.
30. Who won his first World Golf Championship title?
Ans: Adam Scott
31. Who won the Men's Singles Cincinnati WTA Title?
Ans: Andy Murray (Runner-up- Novak Djokovic)
32. Who won the Women's Singles Cincinnati WTA Title?
Ans: Maria Sharapova (Runner-up- Jelena Janković)
33. Who won the mens doubles Cincinnati WTA Title?
Ans: Leander Peas and Mahesh Bhupathi
34. Who won the Women's Doubles Cincinnati WTA Title?
Ans: Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova