1. Author of the book “Listening to Grasshoppers “ ?
Ans:- Arundathi Roy
2. The 2011 Nobel Prize in Medicine/Physiology- Bruce A. Beutler and Jules A. Hoffmann ("for their discoveries concerning the activation of innate immunity")
and Ralph M. Steinman(Died: 30 September 2011) "for his discovery of the dendritic cell and its role in adaptive immunity".
3. The 2011 Nobel Prize in Physics- Saul Perlmutter, Brian P. Schmidt and Adam G. Riess. for the discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe through observations of distant supernovae
4. The 2011 Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded to Dan Shechtman "for the discovery of quasicrystals".
5. The Nobel Prize in Literature 2011 is awarded to Tomas Tranströmer "because, through his condensed, translucent images, he gives us fresh access to reality".
6. The 2011 Nobel Peace Prize is awarded jointly to Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkul Karman -for their non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for women’s rights to full participation in peace-building work.
7. Which Indian Double-trap shooter won the gold medal at the World Cup finals at Al Ain in UAE on 04 Oct 2011 ?
Ans:- Ronjan Sodhi
8. Who retired as the CEO of Hyundai Motor co. recently ?
Ans:- Yang Seung-suk
9. What is name of the cheapest tablet PC in the world launched in India, and manufactured by ?
Ans:- Akash manufactured by Datawind Ltd.
10. Who has been voted as 2nd most powerful business-woman in US ?
Ans:- Indra Nooyi
11. Name of the CEO and co-founder of Apple and Pixar passed away, Recently( 5 Oct, 2011) ?
Ans:- Steve Jobs (Steven Paul) from San Francisco, California, U.S.
12. Which latest 5th generation iPhone version launched by apple (Oct, 2011) ?
Ans:- iPhone 4S
13. Who has been chosen to receive the Dr.B.Saroja Devi award recently ?
14. Who is set to receive Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Peace in South Africa ?
Ans:- Dalai Lama
15. Which company has struck natural gas reserves in its first well drilled in the offshore Mannar basin in Sri Lanka ?
Ans:- Cairn India
16. Who has been selected to create the theme music for the London Olympics 2012 ?
Ans:- Scottish rocker Mark Ronson
17. Which Indian shuttler finished runner-up in Czech International Open ?
Ans:- Arundhati Pantawane
18. What is the name of the China's first space Laboratory ?
19. Name the rocket and navigation satellite launched by Russia after August's space ship crash ?
Ans:- Soyuz-2 rocket launched a GLONASS navigation satellite
20. who has been chosen to receive the Kalidas Samman award by the M.P. government ?
Ans:- Anupam Kher (Actor)
21. Which Famous Ghazal Singer passed away, Recently ?
Ans:- Jagjit Singh
22. Who win Champions League Twenty 20 finals ?
Ans:- Mumbai Indians
23. In which city the first ever formula one race will be held in India?
Ans:- Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
24. Which Indian company is sponsoring Mr.Narain Karthikeyan in Airtel Indian Grand Prix 2011?
Ans:- Hero Motocorp
25. Name the Indian women's discus thrower who qualified for London Olympics ?
Ans:- Krishna Poonia
26. Who has won the 2011 Durand Cup Football ?
Ans:- Churchill Brothers SC, defeating Prayag United SC ( 15 Oct, 2011)
27. Which Golfer drops out of the top 50 in the world ranking for the first time in nearly 15 years ?
Ans:- Tiger Woods(US golfer)
28. Who win the 2011 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences ?
Ans:- American economists Thomas J. Sargent and Christopher A. Sims
29. What is the name of The King of Bhutan who married Recently ?
Ans:- Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck, marries 21-year-old college student Jetsun Pema in Punakha
30. Who won the Man Booker Prize, 2011 ?
Ans:- British author Julian Patrick Barnes for his book "The Sense of an Ending".
31. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The White Tiger” ?
Ans:- Aravind Adiga
32. Which auto racing driver dies in a crash in the final race of the 2011 Indy Car Series at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway ?
Ans:- English driver Dan Wheldon
33. former leader of Libya who was killed by
Libyan forces near his hometown of Sirte ?
Ans:- Muammar Gaddafi
34. Who won Gold at the 12th Senior Women's National Boxing Championships?
Ans:- MC Mary Kom (India)
35. What is name of 100 year Old man Who entered Guinness Book by setting Marathon Record at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon?
Ans:- Fauja Singh
36. Who is the interim Prime Minister of Libya ?
Ans:- Ali Abdussalam Tarhouni (On 23 March 2011)
37. Who is the Current Chairman of National Transitional Council (NTC), Libya ?
Ans:- Mahmoud Jibril
38. Which Indian-American is Re-elected as the Governor of Louisiana ?
Ans:- Bobby Jindal
39. Who was declared the winner of the 40th Dhanvantari Award recently ?
Ans:- Dr M K Mani [ pioneer of nephrology, India ]
40. Who won Air Rifle Silver in 4th Asian Airgun Shooting Championship ?
Ans:- Abhinav Bindra