1. Which Social Networking site filed for an IPO(Initial Public Offering) on February 1, 2012?
2. Who becomes costliest player in IPL auction 2012 ?
Ans: Ravindra Jadeja ($2 million)
3. who has been chosen to receive Green Globe award for outstanding efforts in fighting climate changes by Celebrity?
Ans: Abhishek Bachchan
4. Who has been appointed as Anti-tobacco Campaign Ambassador recently?
Ans: Shann(Playback Singer)
5. In which IPL team Ravindra Jadeja will be playing in season 2012(IPL 5) ?
Ans: Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
6. How many teams will be playing the IPL(Indian Premier League) 2012 ?
Ans: Nine teams with the termination Kochi Tuskers Kerala
7. Who won the under-21 World Squash Federation world cup 2012?
Ans: Egypt against India
8. Who won WTA Qatar Open 2012 Single's title on 20 feb 2012 ?
Ans: Victoria Azarenka
Laureus World Sports Awards 2012 Winners
9. Laureus World Sportsman of the Year - Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
10. Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year- Vivian Cheruiyot
11. Laureus World Team of the Year- FC Barcelona
12. Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year- Rory McIlroy
13. Laureus Comeback Award - Darren Clarke
14. Laureus Disability Award- Oscar Pistorius
15. Laureus Action Sportsperson of the Year- Kelly Slater
16. Where was held Women's Hockey Champions Trophy 2012 ?
Ans: Rosario, Argentina
17. Who won the 2012 Women's Hockey Champions Trophy ?
Ans: Argentina (5th time) after defeating Great Britain
18. Who was honoured with Lata Mangehkar award by MP Govt. recently ?
Ans: Rajesh Roshan
19. Which Indian filmmaker and writer passed away recently(9 February 2012)?
Ans: O.P. Dutta
20. Which former Indian Cricket captain has been inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame ?
Ans: Sunil Gavaskar
21. Who won soccer's Africa Cup of Nations for the first time ?
Ans: Zambia defeats Ivory Coast
22. Who won the women’s doubles title at the Pattaya Open 2012?
Ans: Sania Mirza(India) and Anastasia Rodionova(Australia)
23. Who won the women’s Singles title at the Pattaya Open 2012 ?
Ans: Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia)
24. Which film win Best Film Category award in 2012 Bafta Awards ?
Ans: The Artist
25. Which Indian economist has been received National Medals of Arts and Humanities award by Barack Obama ?
Ans: Amartya Sen
26. Who won fifth ESPN cricinfo best batting performance award in Tests ?
Ans: Sachin Tendulkar
27. Which Group has been renewed its association with Indian hockey signing a five-year sponsorship deal with Hockey India ?
Ans: Sahara Group
54th Grammy Awards for music, Los Angeles (USA)
28. Record of the Year- "Rolling in the Deep" – Adele
29. Song of the Year- "Rolling in the Deep" – Adele
30. Album of the Year- 21 – Adele (British Singer Adele won Six Awards at the 54th Annual Grammy AwardS)
31. Which Women Hockey Team to qualify for the London Olympics 2012 ?
Ans: South African Women Hockey team(defeated Indian Women Hockey Team)
32. Which 2 wheeler manufacturer inked a pact with US-based Erik Buell Racing ?
Ans: Hero MotoCorp
33. How many years after indian hockey team qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London ?
Ans: After a gap of 8 years
34. Which Australian Cricketer announced Retirement from One Day Cricket recently ?
Ans: Ricky Ponting
35. Which Indian Padma Shri Awarded Footballer died recently in Kolkata ?
Ans: Sailendra Nath Manna(Sailen Manna)
36. Who wins Oscar for best Best Actor in 84 Academy Awards 2012 ?
Ans: Jean Dujardin (The Artist)
37. Which Silent film win Best Picture Award in Oscar 2012 ?
Ans: 'The Artist'
38. Who wins Oscar for best Best Director in 84 84 Academy Awards 2012 ?
Ans: Michel Hazanavicius For The Artist(film)
39. Most awards won by a single film ?
Ans: The Artist and Hugo( 5-5 Awards)
40. How many activities included in In the new version of MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) ?
Ans: more than 25 agriculture and allied activities
41. Which french Film win 6 BAFTA Awards and 5 OSCAR Awards in 2012 ?
Ans: The Artist
42. Six Grammy Awards winner Pop Singer and actress passed away recently ?
Ans: Whitney Houston (Houston was the only artist to have seven consecutive No. 1 singles on Billboard magazine’s pop chart.)
43. Name of the planet was largely covered in water, discovered by Researchers at the Harvard Smithsonian centre for Astrophysics ?
Ans: planet GJ1214b
44. Who is verified by Guinness World Records to be the world's shortest person ever ?
Ans: Chandra Bahadur Dangi (beating the record long held by Gul Mohammed)
45. Which Country has been officially removed from the list of polio endemic countries by WHO(World Health Organisation) ?
46. Name of the first silent film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture ?
Ans: Wings (1927) (the other being The Artist in 2012)
47. Who was chosen for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2011 ?
Ans: Rahul Bhatia, Managing Director of InterGlobe Enterprises group
48. Who is the present captain of Indian National hockey team ?
Ans: Sardara Singh(Sardar Singh)
49. Who is the Coach of Indian hockey team ?
Ans: Michael Nobbs
50. Who have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 2012 ?
Ans: U.S. political scientist Gene Sharp, Jailed U.S. serviceman Bradley Manning and news network Al Jazeera
51. Who was named be the Chief Secretary of Rajasthan on 28 February 2012 ?
Ans: CK Mathew- 1977 batch IAS officer and additional chief secretary (finance)
52. Who received the National Tourism Awards (2010-11) of the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India ?
Ans: The Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation
53. Who has been elected vice-president of Rajasthan Assembly recently unanimously ?
Ans: Shri Ram Narayan Meena