1. How many teams are playing in World Series Hockey(WSH) tournament 2012 ?
Ans:- 8 franchisee-based teams
2. Where in India was the inaugural World Series Hockey tournament held?
3. Who has been appointed as brand ambassador of RASNA(fruit drink maker)?
Ans:- Genelia D’souza
4. Who will be appointed the next Indian Army chief ?
Ans:- Lieutenant General Bikram Singh (as the successor to General VK Singh)
5. Who won the ATP Dubai Open 2012 men’s singles title?
Ans:- Roger Federer(Switzerland)
6. Who won the ATP Dubai Open 2012 Women’s singles title?
Ans:- Agnieszka Radwańska(Poland)
7. Who won men’s doubles title of the ATP Dubai Open 2012 ?
Ans:- Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna(India)
8. Who won the ATP Dubai Open 2012 Women’s doubles title ?
Ans:- Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond (USA)
9. Which Chinese Electric company have started office in India?
Ans:- Shangai Electric
10. Who won Women World Cup Kabaddi championship on March 4, 2012 ?
Ans:- Indian national women Kabaddi team (defeating Iran 25-19)
11. Who is the president of International Kabaddi Federation ( IKF)?
Ans:- Janardan Singh Gehlot
12. Who has been elected as Russian President in 2012 ?
Ans:- Vladimir Putin
13. Who has been appointed as Managing Director of Hyundai Motor India Ltd.?
Ans:- Mr. Bo Shin Seo
14. What is the Indian GDP rate in the fiscal year 2010-11 According to the economic survey 2011-12 ?
15. Who won National Award for sanitation and water ?
Ans:- Sant Gadge Baba (Maharashtrian saint)
16. Which Bollywood Actress's wax statue was unveiled at the Madame Tussauds wax museum recently ?
Ans:- Madhuri Dixit
17. Who is the world’s richest Indian in Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s richest people?
Ans:- Mukesh Ambani
18. Which indian cricketer retired from International cricket recently ?
Ans:- Rahul Dravid -‘The Wall’
19. Where was held the 82nd Edition of Motor Show 2012 in Europe ?
20. Who has been appointed as ISI chief of Pakistan Government?
Ans:- Lt. Gen. Zaheerul Islam
21. What is reduced cash reserve ratio (CRR) of scheduled banks as revised by the RBI on february 2012 ?
Ans:- 4.75% (RBI cut the CRR by 75 basis points from 5.5 % to 4.75 %)
22. Who has been elected as the new chief minister of Uttar Pradesh?
Ans:- Akhilesh Yadav [Samajwadi Party] is the youngest chief minister(38 Year) of UP
23. Who was sworn in as Uttarkhand’s Chief Minister?
Ans:- Vijay Bahuguna(INC)
24. Who became 5th time Chief Minister of Punjab ?
Ans:- Parkash Singh Badal
25. Who was sworn as Chief Minister of Goa on 9 march, 2012?
Ans:- Manohar Parrikar(BJP)
26. Who won the All-England Open 2012 woman’s Singles badminton title?
Ans:- Li Xuerui (beat Wang Yihan)
27. Who became the first cricketer in history to score 100 international centuries ?
Ans:- Sachin Tendulkar- against Bangladesh in Asia Cup 2012
28. who presented Railway Budget 2012-13 ? Read More....
Ans:- Dinesh Trivedi(Indian Railway minister-former)
29. Who has been elected as Germany's new president on 18 March 2012 ?
Ans:- Joachim Gauck
30. Which Indian bank celebrated its 75th anniversary recently ?
Ans:- Indian Overseas Bank
31. Which Indian company launched India’s first CDMA Android tablet?
Ans:- Reliance Communications(RCOM)
32. Who won the Australian Grand Prix 2012?
Ans:- Jenson Button
33. Who won the Swiss Open 2012 badminton title ?
Ans:- Saina Nehwal (against Shixian Wang-China)
34. who has been appointed as Railway Minister of india recently ?
Ans:- Mukul Roy
35. Who was declared the winner of reality show "Survivor India" ?
Ans:- Raj Rani (hockey player )
36. Who wins ‘India's Glam Diva’ title ?
Ans:- Priyanka Chopra
37. Who won the Cricket Asia Cup 2012 ?
Ans:- Pakistan against Bangladesh
38. Who was honoured with Dada Saheb Phalke award 2012 ?
Ans:- Soumitra Chatterjee
39. International World Water Day- 22 March ( Every Year)
40. Who was awarded Saraswati Samman 2011 ?
Ans:- A A Manavalan (Tamil writer) for his book on Ramayana, Irama Kathaiyum Iramayakalum
41. Who won Arnold Palmer Invitational PGA Tour golf tournament 2012 ?
Ans:- Tiger Woods
42. Who won the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix 2012 ?
Ans:- Fernando Alonso
43. Who has been appointed as the President of International Chamber of Commerce ?
Ans:- Harsh Pati Singhania (MD, JK Paper Ltd)
44. Which two Indian women boxers won Gold medals in 6th Asian women's boxing championship 2012 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia ?
Ans:- M.C. Mary Kom and Sarita
45. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of West Bengal ?
Ans:- Sharukh Khan (SRK)
46. Where was held 2nd Nuclear Securiti Summit 2012 ?
Ans:- Seoul, South Korea
47. Which supersonic cruise missile, was successfully test-fired, off the coast of Odisha on 28 March 2012 ?
48. How many Indian Birds Species includes in the latest red List of threatened species released by IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) ?
Ans:- 14 species of birds from India
49. who has been chosen for the 2012 Templeton Prize by the US-based Templeton Foundation ?
Ans:- Dalai Lama
for more - Latest Current Affairs