1. Name the 26/11 Mumbai terror survivor who has been selected as a flag bearer at the London 2012 Olympics ?
Ans:- Harnish Patel
2. Who won historic Myanmar poll 2012 ?
Ans:- Aung San Suu Kyi's political party The National League for Democracy
3. Which former Union Minister and former BCCI president, passed away on 1 April 2012 in New Delhi ?
Ans:- NKP Salve
4. Who created history by becoming the first Indian female wrestler to have qualified for the London Olympics 2012?
Ans:- Geeta Kumari
5. Where was held 20th ASEAN Summit in april 2012 ?
Ans:- Pnomh Penh, Cambodia
6. Name the Jammu and Kashmir High Court Chief Justice who was sworn in as Supreme court judge ?
Ans:- F.M.Ibrahim Kalifulla
7. Where in India, largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 40 MW started producing electricity?
Ans:- Pokhran in Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan
8. Who won his 3rd Miami Masters Men's single title held in 2012?
Ans:- Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
9. Who won the Miami Masters 2012 Women's Singles title?
Ans:- Agnieszka Radwanska(Poland) defeating Maria Sharapova (Russia)
10. Who won the Miami Masters 2012 Men's Doubles title ?
Ans:- Leander Peas and Radek Stepanek
11. Who won the Miami Masters 2012 Women's Doubles title ?
Ans:- Maria Kirilenko(Russia)and Nadia Petrova (Russia)
12. Who won the World Series Hockey 2012 title?
Ans:- Sher-E-Punjab against Pune Strykers
13. In which state NTPC Board approved 17000 crore rupees for two power projects ?
14. Which Indian state bans guthka from 1st of April 2012 to curb the increasing number of mouth cancer cases?
Ans:- Madhya Pradesh
15. Who becoming the first service provider to offer 4G services in India ?
Ans:- Bharti Airtel (Airtel launches 4G services in Kolkata)
16. Which Indian squash player won the El Gouna International Open trophy, held in El Gouna, Egypt ?
Ans:- Saurav Ghosal
17. Who has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of Coal India Limited ( CIL) ?
Ans:- S Narsing Rao
18. Name the nuclear submarine which joined Indian Navy ?
Ans:- INS Chakra (Russian-built Akula-II class K-152 Nerpa, nuclear submarine )
19. which Malawi President died after heart attack recently ?
Ans:- Bingu wa Mutharika
20. Who was sworn as Malawi’s President following the sudden death of President Bingu wa Mutharika ?
Ans:- Joyce Banda
21. Which Pakistani President visited India recently ?
Ans:- Asif Ali Zardari
22. Which Indian state banned mobile phone in assembly?
Ans:- Tamil Nadu
23. Which indian boxer qualified for London Olympics 2012 3rd time ?
Ans:- Vijender Singh
24. Where in Rajasthan has been opened first Spices Park of rajasthan ?
25. who won the 11th ONGC Asian Billiards Championship title 2012 ?
Ans:- Pankaj Advani (defeating Thawat Sujaritthurakarn of Thailand)
26. Who became the youngest-ever Indian boxer to qualify for the Olympics Games ?
Ans:- Shiva Thapa (56 Kg Category)
27. How many Boxers of india, Participating in the London Olympics 2012 ?
Ans:- Seven Boxers- For the first time (five boxers had represented the India at the Beijing Games in 2008)
28. Who has been unanimously elected as Speaker of the 16th Uttar Pradesh Assembly on 13 April 2012 ?
Ans:- Mata Prasad Pandey(Samajwadi Party MLA)
29. Who will be the Sports ambassador for the state of Haryana?
Ans:- Leander Paes
30. Which bill was approved to regulate Government purchases of above Rs.50 lakh through a transparent bidding process by indian Cabinet on 12 April 2012 ?
Ans:- Public Procurement Bill
31. Which Ballistic Missile was launched by India from Wheeler Island, Orissa on 19th April,2012 ?
Ans:- Agni- 5 [range - 5000 km to 8000 km]
32. Which Bill was amended to include compulsory registration of marriages in India ?
Ans:- Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
33. Who has been appointed as new president of The World Bank on 16 April 2012 ?
Ans:- Jim Yong Kim [Seoul, South Korea]
34. What is reduced RR [Repo Rate] as revised by the RBI on 17 April 2012 ?
Ans:- 8.00 per cent [cut down by 50 basis points]
35. What is current Reverse Repo Rate[RRR] ?
Ans:- 7.0 per cent
36. Which country has recently failed in long-range rocket testing ?
Ans:- North Korea
37. Which Indian state Assembly passed a resolution to establish an Vidhan Parishad ( legislative council) in the state on 18 April 2012.
38. Which Indian Bank launched a ‘virtual' electronic debit card for e-commerce transactions ?
Ans:- State Bank of India
39. Who is the first woman scientist to head a missile project in India ?
Ans:- Tessy Thomas [Missile Woman]-also called India's 'Agni Putri'
40. Who won the Volvo China Open 2012 Golf championship ?
Ans:- Branden Grace (South Afric)
41. Who resigned as spokesperson of the ruling Congress Party after following a CD Case allegedly showing on the internet ?
Ans:- Abhishek Manu Singhvi
42. Who Won Badminton Asia Championships 2012 Men's singles ?
Ans:- Chen Jin, China
43. Who won Monte Carlo Masters tournament title 2012?
Ans:- Rafael Nadal won his 8th consecutive Monte Carlo Masters title
44. Which Missile was successfully tested by Pakistan on April,2012 ?
Ans:- Hatf IV Shaheen-1A
45. Which Indian State won the Best State Award for Strengthening the Panchayati Raj Institutions ?
46. Name of the India's first radar imaging satellite launched successfully on 26 April 2012 ?
47. Where will be held Shooting World Championship, in 2014 ?
Ans:- Granada, Spain