1. Who was sworn in as New Chief Justice of India ?
Ans : Altamas Kabir (39th Chief Justice)
2. Which Indian telecom Company offer free mobile connection to college students on the occassion of its foundation day in Rajasthan ?
Ans : BSNL (From 4th to 10th October 2012)
3. What is the annual average economic growth rate set as Indian government approved the 12th five year plan (2012-2017)?
Ans : 8.2 Percent
4. Name the airports which were granted International status by Union Cabinet in India.
Ans : Lucknow, Varanasi, Mangalore, Tirucirapalli and Coimbatore
5. Which Formula 1 Racer announced his retirement from Formula 1 Race recently ?
Ans : Michael Schumacher (Germany) - Seven times world Champion
6. Who is conferred the prestigious Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award 2012 ?
Ans : Tessy Thomas (missile women) - ISRO scientist
7. Who won the Twenty 20 Women’s cricket World Cup 2012 ?
Ans : Australia
8. Name of the Umpire who retired from 17-year old his umpiring career in cricket ?
Ans : Simon Taufel
9. Where was held T-20 Cricket World Cup 2012 ?
Ans : Sri Lanka
10. Who won ICC World Twenty20 Championship 2012 ?
Ans : West Indies
11. Who has been appointed as a Chairman of ICC Cricket Committee ?
Ans : Anil Kumble (replacing Clive Lloyd(WI)
12. Who launched "Bijli-Paani Satyagraha" recently ?
Ans : Arvind Kejriwal (Indian Social activist) - AAP (Aam Aadmi Party)
13. Who won Nobel Prize in Physics 2012 ?
Ans : Serge Haroche (Morocco) & David J. Wineland (USA)
14. Who won Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2012 ?
Ans : Brian K. Kobilka & Robert J. Lefkowitz from USA - for studies of G-protein-coupled receptors
15. Which scientists won 2012 Noble Prize in Medicine for the discovery that mature cells can be reprogrammed to become pluripotent ?
Ans : John B.Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka
16. Who won Nobel Prize in Literature 2012 ?
Ans : Mo Yan (China)
17. Who won Nobel Peace Prize 2012 ?
Ans : European Union - for its effort to promote peace and democracy in Europe
18. Who won Shanghai Masters 2012 men single's title ?
Ans : Novak Djokovic by Defeating Andy Murray
19. Who won the Men’s doubles title at the Shanghai Masters 2012?
Ans : Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek
20. Who was appointed as a managing director of State Bank of India ?
Ans : S. Viswanathan
21. Which search engine launched free SMS chat service for its Indian users ?
Ans : Google
22. Who became the First Woman Team Principal in Formula 1 ?
Ans : Monisha Kalterborn
23. Who won Nobel economics prize 2012 ?
Ans : Alvin Roth and Lloyd Shapley
24. Who won the prestigious Man Booker literacy Prize 2012 ?
Ans : Hillary Mantel (for her Book "Bring Up the Bodies") - Hillary Mantel is the 1st women & 1st British author to achieve a Booker 2nd time.
25. Who won the women’s single Denmark Open title 2012?
Ans : Saina Nehwal
26. Who was honoured with lifetime contribution to the financial sector at the IBFA awards 2012?
Ans : Bimal Jalan
27. According to the Wireless Intelligence ‘Scoreboard’ report, Which Telecom Company became the 4th largest telecom operator in the world in terms of subscribers ?
Ans : Bharti Airtel
28. Which Indian State govt. approved the IT Policy 2012 ?
Ans : Uttar Pradesh
29. How many new non-permanent members elected to the UN Security Council ?
Ans : 5 Countries (Argentina, Australia, Luxembourg, Rwanda and South Korea)
30. Who is appointed as bowling coach of New Zealand cricket team?
Ans : Shane Bond
31. Which IPL team is OUT from Indian Premium League ?
Ans : Deccan Chargers
32. Where in Rajasthan PM Manmohan Singh Launched Aadhar Based Transfer System on 20 Oct'2012 ?
Ans : Dudu district
33. Who won Best Television Host’ Award by People’s Choice Award of Colour Television channel ?
Ans : Amitabh Bachchan for the popular game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’
34. Who won World Billiards Championship title 2012 ?
Ans : Pankaj Advani (7th World Billiards Championship )
35. Which indian won IJM Land Penang Open squash title 2012 ?
Ans : Joshna Chinappa
36. Who won French Open Super Series 2012 against Saina Nehwal?
Ans : Minatsu Mitani (Japan)
37. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of RPSC on September 2012 ? (JMRC SC-12)
Ans : Habib Khan Gorang