1. Food Security scheme launched in Rajasthan by CM Ashok Gehlot On...? (RAS Pre-13)
Ans: - 2 October 2013 -(about 4.64 crore people) as beneficiaries under the scheme.
2. When observed The National Voluntary Blood Donation Day?
Ans: - '1 October
3. Which indian team won the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy 2013?
Ans: - India Blue
4. Who won Pan Pacific Open tennis championship women's doubles title at Tokyo on September 2013?
Ans: - Sania Mirza (IND) and Cara Black(ZIM)
5. Name of the biggest transport aircraft, which has been inducted by The Indian Air Force recently?
Ans: - C-17 Globemaster III
6. Union Cabinet approved the creation of a new State of Telangana recently by bifurcating the existing State of .....?
Ans: - Andhra Pradesh
7. Which cricket team qualified for its maiden ICC World Cup 2015?
Ans: - Afghanistan
8. Which team won Twenty-20 Champions League 2013?
Ans: - Mumbai Indians by defeating Rajasthan Royals
Nobel Prize 2013
9. Who won the 2013 Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology?
Ans: - James Rothman & Randy Schekman from US and Thomas Suedhof (for their groundbreaking work on how the cell organises its transport system)
10. Who won 2013 Nobel Prize for Physics?
Ans: - Peter Higgs(UK) & Francois Englert (Belgium) -or the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles.
11. Who won 2013 Nobel Prize for Chemistry?
Ans: - Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt and Arieh Warshel - for the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems.
12. Who was awarded The Nobel Prize in Literature 2013?
Ans: - Alice Munro - first Canadian woman & She is popular as "master of the contemporary short story"
13. Who was awarded The Nobel Peace Prize 2013?
Ans: - Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons(OPCW) "for its extensive efforts to eliminate chemical weapons".
14. Who was awarded The Nobel Prize 2013 in Economic Sciences?
Ans: - Eugene F. Fama, Lars Peter Hansen and Robert J. Shiller "for their empirical analysis of asset prices".
15. The Indian Air Force Day is celebrated on....?
Ans: - '8 October
16. Who is the first woman to take charge as the Chairperson of SBI recently?
Ans: - Arundhati Bhattacharya
17. Who won the European Union's Sakharov human rights prize 2013?
Ans: - Malala Yousafzai
18. Who became the youngest winner of the Man Booker Prize 2013?
Ans: - Eleanor Catton(New Zealand) - for her novel "The Luminaries" also Longest Novel
Ans: - Saina Nehwal
20. Name of the cyclonic storm, which was hit the Andaman and Nicobar islands in the second week of October 2013
Ans: - Phailin
21. In which format of cricket, Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar on 10 October 2013 announced his retirement?
Ans: - Test cricket (Last landmark 200th Test match against the West Indies in November 2013)
22. Who is selected for the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the year 2012?
Ans: - MS Swaminathan
23. Who became fastest century scorer from India in ODI?
Ans: - Virat Kohli(in 52 balls)
24. In the Global Gender Gap Index 2013 released by the World Economic Forum, What is the current rank of India-
Ans: - '101 Rank
25. When Observed World Food Day celebrated every year?
Ans: - '16 October
26. Which India bowler announced his Retirement from all forms of Cricket recently?
Ans: - Ajit Agarkar
27. Who is appointed as New Chief Coach of the Senior Men National Hockey Team?
Ans: - Terence Walsh
28. Who is elected as the president of the Indian Hockey Federation?
Ans: - Kanwar Deep Singh
29. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Railway Board (Ministry of Railways)?
Ans: - Arunendra Kumar
30. Who won the Indian Open Snooker title 2013?
Ans: - Ding Junhui(China)
31. Who was awarded the first national Yash Chopra Memorial Award 2013?
Ans: - Lata Mangeshkar
32. Who won the Macau Open Squash title 2013 at Macau, China?
Ans: - Dipika Pallikal
33. The legendary singer, Manna Dey died on 23 October 2013, What was the real name of Manna Dey?
Ans: - Prabodh Chandra Dey
34. The United Nations Day is observed on....?
Ans: - '24 October
35. Which bollywood actor is appointed as the goodwill ambassador for South Korea?
Ans: - Shah Rukh Khan
36. Which IPL team terminated from the IPL by BCCI recently?
Ans: - Pune Warriors (Sahara-owned)
37. Who was awarded with Mother Teresa Memorial International Award 2013 for her efforts towards achieving social justice?
Ans: - Sushmita Sen
38. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Increased the Repo Rate by 25 Basis Points on OCT-29, 2013, then the current Repo Rate is..?
Ans: - 7.75 percent - from 7.50 percent
39. Who is appointed as the Director General ITBP?
Ans: - Subhas Goswami
40. Who was crowned Miss Asia Pacific World 2013?
Ans: - Srishti Rana(India)
41. Tallest Statue in the world is also known as?
Ans: - Statute of Unity (182 metres) Gujrat, India - Dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
42. Scientists discovered a new planet recently is called..?
Ans: - Kepler 78b